So I mentioned in a post a few days ago how I wanted to “re-set” for November after the half marathon. Part of that were new goals including trying Veganism for at least a month. I cheated a little on Monday, so yesterday was my first full day of vegan eatin.’ (To be honest, it’s almost exactly how I normally eat, minus the yogurt.)
Oats, with cashew butter, homemade pumpkin butter, coconut and peaches.
Oats with banana, raspberry, peanut butter and pumpkin butter
As you can see, I have very refined taste in dishwear.
Leftover roasted Kabocha & Acorn squash, eggplant, parsnips and roasted brussels sprouts.
This was my post-half feast. English muffin with avocado and pb and a pile of roasted veg. Acorn Squash filled with sauteed onions, red pepper with hummus and a bowl of sauteed kale with miso dressing. Dessert
Not pictured are the vast quantities of candy corn and carob covered raisins I’ve been snacking on but fortunately the bag is almost empty and I can try snacking on fruit or veggies instead.
Last night I did have some banana soft serve with carob powder and powdered pb. It was so yummy and chocolatey. I’m really into the flavor of carob and it wasn’t crazy expensive either.
Let’s Go Shopping:
- Bananas, Strawberries and Avocados (if I could afford more berries & fruit I would)
- Regular and steel cut oats for breakfast and baking and some strawberry jam
- Walnuts, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds
- Larabars for snacking in a pinch and I wanted to try the maple Justin’s Almond Butter
- Carob powder for smoothies, drinks, desserts and some tea for night time
- My favorite kind of soymilk- Vanilla unsweetened
- Pink lady apples
- Peanut butter puffins and powdered pb for baking/smoothies
Over the summer I became obsessed with cold brew and I found a bottle at Wegmans. I’ve since tried it and give it 3 out of 5 stars. Might try to make some myself.
- Have you ever tried being vegetarian or vegan?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to give up (food/drink)?