Hiya, howdy, hay, what’s up? If you’ve been reading for a while you might just remember a little ditty I used to do called “Late Night Light Bites.” They were a fun little collection of my favorite things floatin’ round the interwebs as well as a roundup of my own recent rambling and bit of a status check.
These pieces were great for when you don’t have time to read every post, but you still want to know what’s good. So I’m bringing them back! Realistically I’ll work on posting a new Light-Bite post about every other week.
the Long Run Lately
If you’ve been reading for a while, you might have noticed that the Long Run got a bit of a makeover. Recipes are now much easier to search and browse with the categorized Recipe Page. I’m also working on being more consistent with a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule. Follow my Bloglovin or Facebook Page to get updates when new posts come out. Sometimes I’ll have more posts per week, but I’m working towards 3 at minimum. Monday and Friday will likely be recipes or health/food/fitness features, whereas Wednesday will continue to be “What I Ate” posts.
As my experience and journey through health evolves, so too will the blog. What started as purely a way to track my running progress has now evolved into so much more. I still love talking about running, but food photography has captured my heart, which is quite evident based on my recent focus.
But speaking of running… I’ve been (kind of) training for a 10k with my sister next week! This race is all about spending time together and it’s a great excuse for me to visit the Cape and Boston. I had planned on running much more that I did, but as far as working out lately, I’ve loved working with my work’s personal trainer and I’ve been doing a lot more HIIT workouts versus strictly running. However, I did find a running club in my town that does two 3.5 mile loops a week, so definitely looking forward to more group runs.
The perfect jam to make with the last of your favorite summer fruits.
Fall is here. I am happy.
This smoothie might be having a breakfast identity crisis, but it’s good news for your taste buds.
This breakfast bake makes enough goodness for a whole week of crisp appley-awesomeness. (Bonus it’s vegan & gluten free)
When that cookie dough craving strikes, these little bites have got your back.
Ginger and mint are a match made in heaven and you can sip sans all the extra sugar from traditional lemonade.
This was a happy accident, a very happy accident.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Running Gear and Marathon Prep great piece the right gear for a big race
- Planks: King of the Ab Workouts hands down best ab workout. Strong core = necessity
- 10 Essentials for Beginning Runners great tips for any runner
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding obsessed with this blog. This pudding is genius and fits all my recipe criteria (easy, healthy, delish, bonus: it has avocado)
- Peach Pecan & Feta Salad Pecans are my favorite, peaches are amazeballs-making this ASAP
- Raspberry Chia Jam Oat Squares the perfect recipe to make with your chia jam!
- How to Quit Diet Soda Great piece on how you can kick any food addiction
- 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water in the AM Definitely want to start doing this morning ritual
Share your favorite thing you’ve written or read lately
Just say hi! I absolutely love hearing from people who read le blog <3
[easy_sign_up title=”Sign up for Updates (it’s like a party in your inbox)” phone=”1″ fnln=”1″ esu_label=”A unique identifier for your form” esu_class=”your-class-here”]