Hiya, Hola, Hey there, Qué Pasa, Sup? Hope everyone had a fun Hallo-weekend. This year was mega low key. I dressed up by writing “book” on my face *a la the Office*. Nothing like last year’s epic 3-day college-style halloween.
Let’s talk about October
It was a pretty rollercoaster month. Thanks for letting me talk a bit about dealing with my anxiety. I really appreciated everyone’s thoughtful comments and perspective. Luckily the month ended with some amazing news, that I can’t share quite yet (I know, it’s that the worst when people do that?) All in good time.
Your Favorite Recipes in October
I was so happy to see you all loved the Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Muffins as much as I did!
Some other fan favorites were these impossibly fluffy and moist Flourless Peanut butter Cookies
Another hit on the savory side was the Fall Harvest Salad (I’ve been eating some variation of this all fall!)
And one of my favorite recipes – again this was more of a ‘how-to’ was the infamous Açaí Bowl – a breakfast staple
Great Links from October
- The Brain on 23 // SCARY accurate for any 20-something – must read
- What Happens to Our Brains When We Exercise // Excercise should be celebrated for mental health benefits, not just the physical
- How to Shoot a Silhouette Photo // Great photo tutorial – this blog has tons of great photography resources
- Get Started with Running // Really great practical, detailed tips (not like most generic articles
- 3 Healthy Eating Myths I Used to Believe // 100% agree with all of this!
- Growing a Social Media Following From Nothing // SO. FREAKING. USEFUL. Seriously. Read this.
- 29 Photos that Will Make You Breathe Easier // For anyone who loves when things fit just right.
- Healthy Fall Salad Recipes // Another great roundup from Greatist