Ok, so I totally wish I had these sweet, crispy burgers right in my life right now. Unfortunately my fridge is all but empty, but for the best reason… I’m in a new apartment… in a new city… in a new state. You might have remembered my post a while ago about moving up North with Bai, well that happened. Fast. I found out late November, found a place in December and moved this past weekend. All I can say is I don’t want to move again for at least a year (or five) – it’s definitely a workout, physically and mentally. Shout out to my mom for bringing her moving a-game.
I cannot wait to explore this new city. Luckily I’m a five minute walk from my sister and I’m living with a friend from Ithaca. It’s great to not live alone any more. Obviously for an introvert like myself, it has it’s perks, but for an introvert like myself it can also hinder my ability to push outside my comfort zone in a good way. It’s definitely an effort to make friends after college, that’s just life. If you’re in the Boston area hit me up, like seriously I need some friends.
I have an idea though, hear me out, all I need to do is invite some people over for these sweet potato burgers and I’m golden. Seriously though, these sweet potato burgers are good enough to turn an acquaintance into a friend, or a friend into a bestie, or a rando off the street into at least a grateful stranger who might give you a call if they need a friend to go to a concert with. I haven’t tested this theory yet, but I’m willing to put it to work. Desperate times call for delicious measures.
A couple things about this recipe:
a.) The texture of the patties is on point
b.) You can use any kind of bun you desire or go naked
c.) Avocados are optional but not really
d.) This recipe either feeds a party or makes excellent leftovers
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Can (16 oz) of White Cannellini Beans
- ½ Cup of Chopped White Onions
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup of Oat Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Tahini
- 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- Almond flour for coating
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil for skillet
- English muffin or prefered bun
- Avocado, greens and tahini sauce or mustard for toppings
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Cook sweet potatoes (microwave for 6 minutes or bake for 40 minutes at 400º F)
- Rinse white beans and place into a large mixing bowl
- Add egg, chopped onion, oat flour, tahini, apple cider vinegar, paprika and peeled sweet potato
- Mash mixture until potatoes are combined with rest of ingredients (some beans can may be more intact than others)
- Pour almond flour into a shallow bowl to coat patties
- Form six patties and lightly coat with almond flour
- Heat skillet with olive oil
- Cook patties until outsides are lightly crisped on each side (1-3 minutes each side)
- Transfer onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes
- Toast english muffin or desired bun and spread with mustard or tahini sauce
- Slice half a ripe avocado
- Place sweet potato burger, and avocado on bun and dig in!
- Can store in the fridge for up to 1 week
a Couple Questions for YOU
- What’s good in Boston? Places, eats, events, bars etc.
- How do you make friends after college (asking for a friend)?
- What’s your favorite kind of veggie burger?