This grain-free granola packs all the flavor and crunch you crave without any refined sugar or grains. Add this granola to your favorite yogurt, enjoy it on top of a smoothie bowl, eat it with milk or let’s be real, nibble on it straight from the container.
My list of food industry pet peeves is probably about a mile long. Starting with inhumanely raised animals down to the insane amounts of corn added to pretty much everything (including the feed of inhumanly raised animals) – but one of the things that drive me nuts is the amount of sugar added to foods that don’t need extra sugar. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the ridiculous names they’ll call sugar to avoid having it appear first on the label. Sugar is added to everything from teas, to yogurts, to granola, to breakfast cereals to sauces, to salad dressings, it’s so so silly.
Luckily there are two solutions to fight against the added sugar nonsense:
- Make your own homemade version of that food.
- Support brands that make better products.
I’m so excited to share today’s post because I’m combining both those solutions into one delicious healthy breakfast recipe AND you get a chance to win one of my favorite brands, bucking the added sugar trend: Siggi’s Dairy.
Funnily enough, I first found Siggi’s through a blogger on Instagram. I was immediately attracted to their simple, elegant packaging (hello inner design nerd) – as I flipped the label I discovered that these guys were the real deal. Their Icelandic Skyr (strained yogurt) is extremely thick and creamy, even more so than greek yogurt, and rather than a disappointing amount of sugar I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had more grams of protein than sugar! While the cups may look on the small side, each serving is so creamy and satisfying it never leaves me wanting. My favorite flavors are the mixed berry, strawberry, vanilla and coconut, but I haven’t found a flavor I haven’t liked.
I recently joined their “Culture Club,” which is like an ambassador program for fans of the brand to help spread the word through their own communities and I thought this blog would be the perfect place, so I’m offering a giveaway to win 10 coupons for free Siggi’s! Entering is super simple, all you have to do is follow the prompts in the app below:
Don’t forget about the granola!
What better recipe to pair with a healthier yogurt, than this grain-free granola? I’m so excited to share this recipe today because it’s been rocking my world. I’ve given little sample baggies to a bunch of my friends and family because I couldn’t contain how proud I was of this granola recipe. When I first tried it I couldn’t believe how perfectly crunchy and maple-y and slightly nutty it was. Seriously I cannot get enough. Sprinkled on top of a cup of Siggi’s? Heaven.
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup of Slivered Almonds
- ½ Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup of Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ½ Cup of Cashews
- ¼ Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup of Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup of Cashew Butter
- ¼ tsp of Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together well, put aside
- Melt ¼ of coconut oil (30 seconds in the microwave in a microwave safe container) and pour into small bowl and add ¼ cup of maple syrup and ¼ of cashew butter stir until well combined
- Slowly pour wet mixture over dry ingredients, while stirring to combine
- With a spatula or hands, make sure dry ingredients are now evenly coated with wet mixture
- Spread granola out onto a greased baking tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes stopping to stir after 10
- Allow granola to cool before transferring it into an airtight container
- Can store in a cool dry place for up to 2 weeks
- What’s a food you prefer to make yourself?
- What’s your biggest food industry pet peeve?
- Have you ever tried Siggi’s before?