Creamy coconut and sweet-tart cherries and berries blend beautifully together in this vibrant smoothie bowl.
Guys, I have a confession to make. I think I’m a Yuccie, also known as a “Young Urban Creative.” Apparently Mashable has proclaimed that the “hipster” is dead and it’s time to make way for the Yuccies. UGH. It’s so real. First I read Mashable’s take an thought, “oh shit, I think they’re talking about me…” Then I read Buzzfeed’s 99 Things All Yuccies Love and realized “yup, that’s pretty much me and my friends.”
The one’s that really killed me:
1. Judging people who don’t use Gmail
9. Taking it personally when someone says they don’t like Beyoncé
20. Half marathons
21. Adding avocado
24. Calling margaritas “margs”
46. Saying AF instead of “as fuck”
62. Blaming things on Mercury being in retrograde
72. Discussing their favorite type of lettuce and their individual benefits
76. Being shocked when people don’t like Orange Is the New Black
77. Glass water bottles
97. Irrational hate of voicemails
Ok, you get it… it’s too real.
I can’t tell if I’m supposed to be embarrassed or kind of proud? Or a little bit of both? And I guess writing on my healthy lifestyle blog about being a Yuccie is pretty damn Yuccie of me.
Ahh well, if wanting to do something I love and possibly get money for it makes me a horrible selfish millennial than so be it. But I think we get a pretty bad rap for being lazy, entitled and self centered when so many of my peers work their butts off and are crazy ambitious. Yes of course there are plenty of millennials or “Yuccies” that think they are owed the world, but surprise! every generation has lazy, entitled and self centered people. Different generations just choose to spend their time in different ways. Smartphones and the interwebz might have enabled us to be a bit more to be in the spotlight, but I don’t think lazy youths are a new phenomena nor do I think wanting to love what you do is a crime. Ahh well, Yuccies gonna Yuc ammirite T-Swift?
But I imagine you didn’t just come here to listen to me talk about being labled a Yuccie, you saw this baller lookin’ smoothie and thought “yeah, I’d try that.” So let me tell you why you’ll love it!
Lovely creamy coconut pairs perfectly with juicy tart raspberries and seasonal cherries, while frozen bananas add that irresistible “soft serve” texture. The icing on the cake? Drizzle coconut chocolate almond butter and top with fresh berries and coconut chips and your breakfast will be out-of-this-world good.
- 1 Large Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup of Frozen Cherries
- 1 Cup of Frozen Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp of Shredded Coconut
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
- Dry Roasted Coconut Chips
- Nut Butter of Choice
- Fresh Berries
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth
- Top with coconut chips, nut butter and berries
[Tweet “Dying to make this Raspberry Cherry Coconut Smoothie Bowl”]
- What do you think? Are you a Yuccie?
- What’s been your experience with millennials? Are you one? Do you work with any?
- Favorite smoothie bowl topping?