Hi my name is Georgie and I’m addicted to chickpea cookie dough. Guys, I don’t even think it was a month ago that I shared my last edible cookie dough recipe and here we are again. But alas I can’t stop spooning this goodness into my face hole. This time I’ve made a couple twists that I think you’ll love.
This recipe checks of a lot of boxes
- It’s almost too easy to be a recipe … check
- It’s a hybrid of a snack and a dessert, what you might call a “snassert” … check
- It takes less than 15 minutes to make … check
- It requires no skill other than to chuck into a food processor … check
- It’s cookie dough … check
Let’s be real… having a little treat post dinner is one of my favorite things. I love winding down, popping on a podcast and nommin’ on something sweet before bed. Yes in the past, I’ve tried eliminating all sugar out of my life in the name of health. It wasn’t the worst experience, but it also wasn’t as life changing as everyone says it is. (Mind you I’m starting at a pretty low baseline of sugar: fruit, the occasional snack bar, smoothie bowls, dates, some chocolate, a scone here and there nothing dramatic.)
At the time, I think I bought into the hype of eating ULTRA CLEAN because if you’re going to those lengths, then of course you don’t want to feel like it’s wasted effort. But comparing then, to how I feel now with virtually no “restrictions” it’s nothing measurably different. However, that’s just my bod. Everyone is so different that the only way to know what’s right for you is to try things out. Just make sure to give it some time and be honest with yourself.
I don’t notice a difference in my health when a do or don’t eat snassert. I don’t feel better in the morning if I skip it. I don’t lose 5 lbs if I skip it for a month. I don’t have more or less energy. Therefor, because it makes me happy, it stays.
Moral of the story: if you like a little snassert before bed, that’s cool. If you don’t, that’s also cool. Oh, but if you do like snassert then this healthy cookie dough is pretty much made for you.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp of Almond Milk*
- ⅓ Cup of Coconut Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Roasted Almond Butter
- ½ Cup of Oats
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp of Almond Extract
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- *or your favorite kind of non-dairy milk
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until dough is smooth and creamy
- Serve in a bowl, add to yogurt, eat with pretzel sticks, pita chips skies the limit!
- Store in fridge up to 2 weeks
- Are you a snasserter?
- Snack before bed or nah? If so, what’s your favorite treat?