These Pumpkin Pie Cookie Butter Overnight Oats will make all your fall-inspired breakfast dreams come true.
Believe the hype.
Not only is pumpkin pie spice cookie butter a real thing, but it’s really
as amazing as it sounds addicting. Late one night, several weeks ago, I was scrolling through the IG feed as one does when they’re trying to get a good night’s sleep. And then I saw it. The scroll stopping creation. Some beautifully manicured hand was grasping a jar of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter.
I kid you not, the next day I rushed to the pumpkin palooza that is TJ’s in the fall to hunt down this jar of goodness. There it was. On an endcap laden with other pumpkin delectables but I only had eyes for the pumpkin cookie butter.
Normally I don’t keep cookie butter in the house because well, I’m not always the best at moderation when tempted with COOKIE BUTTER. Like really, it should come with a label or some kind of lock and key. But I had to try this because it’s a hybrid of all of the things that Trader Joe’s does best: cookies, butters and pumpkin. I said to the cashier, as he smiled knowingly at my cookie butter, “this was either a really good idea or a really bad idea.”
When I got home, upon first spoonful, it was clear that this would be the only purchase of this pumpkin cookie butter… for it is too good. So naturally, the last few weeks I’ve been finding ways to incorporate a spoonful or two here and there.
My latest obsession: Pumpkin Pie Cookie Butter Overnight Oats. It’s kind of a mouthful but in the most pumpkin-y perfect way. If you’re not familiar, overnight oats is an easy and portable way to prepare oats the night before. Pumpki-fying (which is totally a thing) them? You’ll feel like you literally ate the month of October. Ok, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not, but in this case, let’s all agree that it is.
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk or Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter*
- 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds
- ⅓ Cup of Oats
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Cup of Granola
- *If Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter is unavailable you can substitute with regular cookie butter
- In a jar whisk together almond milk and cookie butter either with a whisk or fork until combined (it's ok if some smaller chunks of cookie butter remain)
- Add chia seeds, oats, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- Stir mixture together well until all dry ingredients are completely covered and combined
- Store in the fridge overnight (or at least 5 hours)
- To serve: Add granola on top and spoon away!
Save this recipe for later: Pin it!
- Have you ever tried overnight oats?
- Pumpkin? Over it or bring it on?