There’s nothing better than homemade granola. This simple Cinnamon Spice Granola recipe makes the perfect breakfast treat.
Hi, my name is Georgie and I’m a granola snob. I think granola is like coffee in that, once you acquire a taste for good granola you really can’t go back to sub-par ‘nola.
I think the snobbery began when my mom started making her homemade “Goodness Gracious Granola.” Whenever I’d visit, she’d have this giant jar filled with granola. It was just SO much better than anything you’d buy from a major brand. Packed with crunchy oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and dried fruit, I couldn’t help but put in on everything.
Once I learned to make my own granola, it was game over. When you have the base recipe memorized, you can really go crazy from there with all the flavor variations. I shared my go-to recipe with my newsletter crew (you can sign up here and receive a free smoothie ebook if you’re interested in exclusive recipes and other fun shenanigans.)
A couple weeks ago, during one of my many granola baking-fests, I threw out the question to my insta-crew: “what flavors of granola would you be interested in?” I got so many great suggestions and one of my favorites was a simple cinnamon spice granola.
Cinnamon is such a fantastic flavor that goes with so many things, so of course it would be wonderful in a granola. Homemade granola can also be an excellent gift, especially when you’re traveling to visit family. Like “hey thanks for letting me stay at your place, here’s some bangin’ granola for your face” If anyone actually writes that on a gift tag PLEASE send me a pic because that would be amazing.
Once you make your Cinnamon Spice Granola you’ll wanna put it on everything including:
- Ice cream
- Straight in you face hole
- 3 Cups of Oats
- 1 Cup of Cashews
- 1 Cup of Pecans
- ½ Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup of Unsweetened Coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup of Melted Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Cup of Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup of Plain Smooth Almond Butter
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (oats, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon)
- Mix together until cinnamon and pumpkin spice evenly coat the other dry ingredients
- In a very small dish melt the ⅓ cup of coconut oil (medium heat in microwave for 20 seconds)
- In a medium size bowl mix together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, nut butter, and vanilla extract
- Stir until well combine
- Pour wet mixture into the dry bowl and mix together until all dry ingredients are evenly coated
- Pour granola onto a greased (or silpat) baking tray
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes
- Take out of the oven, stir and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes and store in airtight containers for up to 3 weeks.
Pin for Later
- Do you like making your own granola? What flavors do you make?
- What’s your favorite way to eat it?