Spicy, sweet gingerbread meets chewy cinnamon snickerdoodles in these delectable bite-sized holiday gingerdoodles covered in coconut sugar.
Excited doesn’t even begin to cover my feelings about this post. Why am I so pumped? Well today I’m sharing six, yup, six different holiday cookies created by six, yup, six lovely bloggers. Seriously, this post has two of my favorite things: collaborating with talented ladies AND cookies. I only wish we could have thrown a giant cookie party together because I’m actually drooling over their amazing recipes and photos.
Below you’ll find links to 5 very different mouth-watering cookie recipes and at the bottom of the post you find the recipe for Gingerdoodles aka the most amazing holiday hybrid cookie on the block. Gingerbread cookies and snickerdoodles are my two favorite cookies of all time. What can I say, I’m a sucker for some cinnamon spice in my cookies. So I thought, why not merge the two? These babies pack the flavor of a gingerbread cookie with the fluffy irresistible snickerdoodle texture.
I’d definitely recommend whipping out your baking trays and preheating your ovens now, because you’ll want to make all these cookies.
Peanut Butter Blossoms via RachLmansfield
Dreamy peanut butter cup blossoms filled with dark chocolate peanut butter cups, creamy PB and made with all gluten free and organic ingredients. Ready in less than 15 minutes!
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies via The Blissful Balance
Soft, pillowy cookies sandwich a sweet and creamy cream cheese icing dipped in festive sprinkles making for an all-in-one delectable bite.
Cranberry Bliss Bar via The Balanced Berry
Your classic cranberry bliss bar got a gluten free makeover! Grain-free shortbread is loaded with cranberries and white chocolate chips then covered with cream cheese frosting, dried cranberries and a generous drizzle of white chocolate.
Grain Free Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies via The Fit Mitten Kitchen
Cute, bite-sized, grain-free thumbprints with salted caramel centers and chocolate drizzle, these cookies are the perfect treat for your paleo peeps
Toffee Almond Butter Cups via The Almond Eater
Ooey gooey chocolate cups filled with toffee AND almond butter. These Toffee Almond Butter Cups require just 8 ingredients, 30 minutes and they’re vegan-friendly, too.
Spicy, sweet gingerbread meets chewy cinnamon snickerdoodles in these delectable bite-sized holiday cookies covered in coconut sugar.
- ½ cup of butter (softened)
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar
- In a large sized bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and egg until creamed
- Then add in the molasses, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder and cream of tartar
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat on low until dough forms
- Let dough chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours otherwise the cookies will not rise
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Roll dough into 1½ inch balls
- For sugar coating: mix together ½ cup of coconut sugar with 3 tablespoons of cinnamon in a small dish - once dough balls have been rolled, dip them into the cinnamon sugar dish until they are coated
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes depending on how soft you like the insides - they will seem slightly underdone but they get more firm as they cool down
Adapted from Averie Cooks
Pin these Gingerdoodles for later
- Do you have a favorite holiday cookie?
- What’s your favorite holiday tradition?