Nothing says “I love you” quite like a big ‘ol ball of chocolate, ammirite? Celebrate Valentine’s Day right with these scrumptious vegan chocolate truffles that will melt in your mouth. But wait, there’s more! The girl squad is back together to bring you not one, but 6 delectable Valentine’s Day desserts to share with that someone or many someone’s special.
Ok, so I’ve always loved Valentine’s Day. And no, that’s not because I’ve been particularly #blessed in the relationship department. In fact, I’ve been single for quite some time and not really trying to mingle too hard (I guess that’s the downside of moving 6 times in the last 3 1/2 years, things don’t stick too well). The reason I love Valentine’s Day is because I have such fond memories of my mom making a special, festive breakfast each year for my sister and I. We’d come downstairs and the kitchen would be decorated in pink and red hearts with little chocolates and a trinket or two on our plates. So to me, the holiday has always been about saying “I love you” to all the amazing relationships you have.
And now, thanks to the genius that is Parks & Recreation I really love celebrating Galentine’s Day aka February 13th. Galentine’s Day is all about uteruses before duderuses and man do I have some amazing uteruses in my life. Ok, that was one of the weirder things I’ve written on this blog, but it felt right. I’m so lucky to have the women in my life as friends, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, confidants, and badass role models.
I highly recommend taking the time this Saturday, February 13th to celebrate those special ladies in your life because, seriously, what fun would life be without great girlfriends. I can’t even count the number of redonkulous inside jokes I have with my best friend Fran or how much I cherish my sister’s friendship or how lucky I was to live with my best friend Jen all four years of college (and how much I miss her now) and how much I rely on Christina’s hustle and wisdom to inspire me (while she simultaneously cracks me up). Seriously I could probably write 10 blog posts worth of love letters to my ladies because they mean so much to me.
Oh and speaking of very special (talented, awesome, fun, epic) ladies, allow me to share with you 5 more delicious recipes from some of the best bloggers on the block.
- 12 pitted medjol dates, soaked (for at least 10 hrs in water)
- 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
- 1½ Cups of Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Choc Chips)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- In a food processor blend soaked, pitted dates, cocoa powder and walnuts until a smooth mouse-like consistency, pausing to scrape the sides if necessary (~2 minutes)
- Chill the mousse in the fridge for 15 minutes to make rolling into balls easier
- Once chilled, roll the mouse into 1 inch balls and place onto a parchment paper on a baking tray
- Chill balls in the freezer for at least an hour
- When the balls are ready, in a small sauce pan melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, keeping the heat on low, as not to burn the chocolate.
- Once melted, dip the frozen ball of mouse in chocolate and roll around in sauce pan until coated.
- Place chocolate covered ball onto the pan and repeat until all balls are coated in chocolate
- Allow balls to harden in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Store balls in the freezer for up to 3 months
Light and creamy cheesecake atop a crunchy graham cracker crust topped with sweet, guava jam for a bite full of flavor.
These Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are flourless, chocolate-y and a healthy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
A layered mix of coconut butter in the classic ice cream flavor, these Vegan Neapolitan Coconut Butter Cups are a healthier way to indulge for Valentine’s Day.
Gluten free peanut butter cookies with a kiss of jam right in the middle. Only requires six ingredients, and comes together in one bowl!
Gluten Free Cookie Dusted Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries, the perfect indulgent yet healthy treat.
Save these recipes – scroll over to pin
- Valentines Day: love it? over it?
- Are you a Parks & Rec fan? Who’s your favorite character?