This strawberry banana breakfast quesadilla is your favorite childhood sandwich totally remixed quesadilla style. Whether you have it for breakfast, lunch or dessert your childhood cravings will totally thank you.
I think I can safely say that part of my life’s work has been dedicated to finding different vehicles to eat nut butter on. As a child I was always a fan of the classics the PB&J, PB& Fluff and PB & Banana sandwiches, but as I’ve grown, I’ve certainly branched out into putting peanut and almond butter on really anything that I can think of.
Rice cakes, smoothies, celery, bananas, sandwiches, yogurt, granola, spoons, have been my recent rotation of nut butter vehicles, but really my work has just begun.
This latest and (perhaps greatest?) is a spectacular mashup of a childhood classic – the PB & Banana sandwich (plus strawberries) – remixed quesadilla style. You can rock this bad boy for breakfast, lunch or with a drizzle of chocolate, call it dessert. Bonus – because really, there are so many amazing nut butter and fruit combos, you can use this breakfast quesadilla as a template and let your imagination go wild.
Some other combos to try:
- Apple + Almond Butter + Cinnamon
- Banana + Chocolate Chips + Peanut Butter
- Strawberries + Blueberries + Almond Butter
- Coconut + Almond Butter + Chocolate Chips
- Blackberries + Almond Butter
I guess the real question is what can’t you do with this sweet quesadilla?
- For Breakfast Quesadilla:
- 1 Flour (or gluten-free) Tortilla
- 6 Medium Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 Small Banana, Sliced
- 1½ Tbsps of Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp of Coconut oil (for frying pan)
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- For Breakfast Quesadilla
- Slice strawberries and bananas
- Spread peanut butter onto one entire side of the tortilla
- Place bananas and strawberries on one half of the tortilla and fold in half
- Grease a frying pan with coconut oil
- Cook Quesadilla on one side for 5 minutes on medium-low or until golden brown
- Flip onto the other side and cook for another 5 minutes
- Slice into 4 pieces and serve
- For chocolate drizzle
- In a small ramekin melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave for 20 seconds
- Take out of microwave and stir, heat in microwave for another 20 seconds, stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a spoon drizzle chocolate over the quesadilla
- What was your favorite childhood sandwich combo?