I will not make jokes about balls. I will not make jokes about balls. I will not make jokes about balls. Ok, cool now that I have that out of my system we can actually get down to business. In fact, I even named this recipe 4-Ingredient Vegan Cookie Dough Bites precisely so I wouldn’t make so many damn ball jokes this time. It’s an easy target my friends, an easy target.
Speaking of balls, I know I said I wouldn’t, but you all knew that was a lie, let’s talk about how weird we all are.
I have a theory that everyone is secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) super weird and we’re all just waiting to find the people who can jive with our special brand of weirdness.
Since graduating from college, almost two years ago (god I can’t believe it’s already been two years) I feel like my life has been a(n often awkward) series of trying to meet knew people and make new friends. Growing up it’s much easier because you’ve got a captive audience of your peers literally surrounding you. In college, you’re even more segregated into your major which makes finding people with similar interests almost too easy.
But alas, the so called “real world” is a little different. Meeting new friends feels a whole lot more like dating than it ever used to. And like dating you’ve gotta get through the small talk to figure out when exactly will this person find out how weird I really am. I’ve definitely found that the best clues are hidden in the person’s sense of humor. Are they sarcastic, dark, dry, goofy…or do they take themselves too seriously to have a sense of humor *bye*.
My personal test for most people’s sense of humor is figuring out what TV shows they like. Btw, if you’re humor lies in the combination of the Office, Parks and Rec, New Girl and 30 Rock then we’re already BFFs, hit me up let’s hang out. If you pass the TV test, sometimes I’ll go the next step and see if you’re into stand up, but that’s like extra credit.
Anyway, passing the Georgie’s Patented Humor Test is major in my eyes. If you can find a way to make each other laugh, I seriously think you can get over most other road blocks.
Finding the people who understand, share and embrace your special brand of weirdness might just be the key to unlocking an awesome friendship or relationship. So I’m saying this as much to myself as I am to you, don’t wait too long to share some of your weirdness with your friends, it’s your special sauce.
Oh and before I forget I wanted to talk about these bites real quick, so I’ve distilled exactly why you’ll love them into 7 reasons.
Why You’re Going to Love These Cookie Dough Bites
- They’re damn easy to make, no baking involved
- They only have 4 ingredients
- They’ve got plant-based protein
- They taste like cookie dough without any extra crap
- They’re the perfect bite-size for in between meals when your sweet tooth strikes
- They’re really freakin’ tasty
- 10 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup of roasted cashews
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Protein Powder*
- ½ Cup of Vegan Chocolate Chips*
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes and remove the pits
- Blend dates in a food processor until smooth in texture
- Add 1 cup of roasted cashews and blend until dough forms (~1 minute)
- Add Vanilla protein powder and blend until dough is formed, may be slighly crumbly
- Transfer dough into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips
- Roll dough into small ½" sized balls
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
Pin for later
If you liked this recipe you’ll love:
- Do you have a “weirdness” litmus test for new friends?
- What are your favorite TV shows (comedies)?