Announcing the launch of the Chasing Joy Podcast
Why a podcast?
The big answer to this question: I want to connect with you on a bigger level.
Sharing photos and written word is awesome and it’s served us both well so far. However, podcasting feels a little deeper, more intimate and it’s also a super convenient way for us to connect. Podcasts are perfect for listening to when you’re cleaning your space, commuting, walking, working out or just chilling out.
Personally I’m a big audio junkie. Since I was 5 I’ve listened to books on tape and now my podcast queue and audible account are overflowing. I love it. I also feel more connected to people when I can hear them. So I want that for this space.
Another piece of me is excited for this challenge. I’m naturally more drawn to writing because I’m a bit of a control freak. I can make sure it’s exactly what I want it to be. Speaking is much harder, but it’s something I’d love to learn and grow into.
Today’s Episode: Episode 0 – the Girl Behind the Mic (& Blog)
Most of my shows will be interviews, however I wanted to share a little bit about my story and where I’m coming from.
- my past with disordered eating
- my lonely assent into post-grad life
- what it was like to quit my first job
- moving home
- falling in love
- burnout from blogging
- reconnecting with my purpose
- and moving to London for 3 months
Get the episode here: Episode 0
What to Expect From the Podcast
The Chasing Joy Podcast shares meaningful conversations about wellness that will bring energy and joy into your life. Every week Chasing Joy dives into a topic related to wellness and brings on new guests with expertise in that area. My goal is to entertain, educate and inspire you to ave a more joyful and energized life.
When I think about my own definition of health the two biggest words that come to mind are joy and energy. They both transcend our physical form and permeate our entire being. When I think about how healthy feels it’s definitely joyful and energized.
So with that in mind I’ll be sharing stories and conversations with women who are experts in all areas of wellness but share a common thread. They exemplify joy and energy.
Here are just a couple topics I’ll be covering in upcoming conversation episodes
- How to build a community around wellness & bridge the gap between on and offline relationships
- Creating a positive and intuitive approach to fitness
- The importance of mental health in nutrition and what intuitive eating looks like
- Being mindful and present in your daily life & following your gut
- Building an authentic and sustainable business that lights you up
New episodes will be live every Tuesday. Each Tuesday I’ll be doing a blog post on the topic and diving deep into parts of the conversation and sharing any links that guests mention.
How do I listen to podcasts?!
To listen to the Chasing Joy Podcast:
- On your phone open the purple podcast app
- On the bottom right hand side there’s a search tab with a magnifying glass icon – click that
- In the search bar type in “The Chasing Joy Podcast”
- Click on the icon and you’ll be on my main page
- Click “subscribe” to get new episodes every week in your “my podcast tab”
- To listen right away just click on any episode
On the computer:
- Make sure you have iTunes
- On the left hand side there’s a drop down menu with music, movies, tv shows & podcasts
- Click on podcasts
- In the top right hand corner there’s a search bar
- Type in “The Chasing Joy Podcast”
- Click to listen or hit subscribe
Or you can just go here
If you’re psyched to listen and even help shape the episodes here are 2 ways you can get involved
This one’s obvious but if you dig what I’m putting down then I’d be so so thrilled to take you along for this wild wellness ride
Second: Join the Joy Squad
I’ve got an amazing crew of women who are passionate about wellness and bringing joy and energy into their lives. I share lots of exclusives and we just have really nice meaningful conversations. You can help shape the show and the guests by participating in the group. Also it’s a great way for me to get to know ya! <3