Episode 2 of the Chasing Joy Podcast is all about creating a positive and intuitive approach to fitness with Lestraundra Alfred of the Balanced Berry.
I know you guys are going to love today’s episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast. It features my friend Les, who’s the bad ass babe behind the Balanced Berry (how’s THAT for alliteration).Almost 2 years ago I found Les’s blog and felt totally connected to her writing.
While she shares wonderful (gorgeous) recipes, she’s best known for her positive and intuitive approach to movement and fitness. In addition to killer workouts she offers lots of great tools and advice around building a healthy relationship with your approach to working out.
One of my favorite pieces she wrote (and one that inspired many of my questions) was her post about how to make goals that actually stick. She focuses on how fitness FEELS (a huge theme in this podcast and blog). She also talks about finding workouts you don’t hate. Totally makes sense right? I think many of us have had periods of doing routines and workouts that drain us of joy.
This episode is perfect for anyone who:
- Has struggled with their body image
- Has had a history with over exercising
- Never felt like they were doing enough
- Have fallen into the restriction and binge cycle
- Has fallen down the fitness instagram rabbit hole
- Has craved a more positive relationship with movement and their body
- Wants to find joy in movement vs. stress
- Wants to learn what a positive and intuitive approach to fitness looks like
We mention this in the episode, but Les runs an awesome virtual bootcamp that really applies lots of the principles she discusses in the show. Right now she’s gearing up for another round that will launch Spring/Summer so make sure you’re following her on Instagram so you don’t miss when it launches.
Some of my favorite posts from Les
- How to Overcome Perfectionism
- How to Set Fitness Goals that Stick (I mention this post in the episode)
- 7 Ways to be Nice to Yourself
Want to get involved?
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.