Tune into episode 4 of the Chasing Joy Podcast to listen to an honest, open conversation about dating in 2017 with Jenn Orcutt.
Almost a year ago, I listened to a piece of advice that changed my life. On her podcast, Jenn shared how important it was to be honest about what you wanted from a dating experience. It really resonated with me because, up until that point, I had been “playing it cool” for years. I was afraid of coming on too strong to the point that I didn’t show up at all. I let myself get pulled into BS wishy washy un-relationships that were way more work than they were worth.
Fast forward a couple months and I started dating my boyfriend who’s one of the most wonderful people I’ve ever met.
I wanted to have Jenn on the podcast because she’s intelligent, insightful, fun and knows how to have a great conversation. We talk about dating in 2017. Why it’s important to show up as yourself from the beginning, embrace where you’re at and communicate honestly with your partner (or future partner). We talk about the challenges that mental illness can bring to a relationship and how to overcome those challenges.
We talk about
- What it’s like to date as an introvert
- How to make the most of dating apps
- Being patient and finding joy during the process of dating
- The importance of being honest with yourself about what you want out of a date
- Being open with your partner about your mental health
- Asking, and receiving help and support when you need it
- How to help a partner (or friend) struggling with mental illness
- Our worst first dates
This Episode is Perfect for Anyone
- Looking for peace, love and acceptance while on their dating journey
- Loves honest and open conversations about dating and relationships
- Who struggles or has a partner who struggles with mental illness
- Wants a good laugh as we both share some pretty ridiculous first date stories
In addition to being a wealth of dating knowledge and insight, Jenn is an amazing designer. She redesigned my website last summer/fall. She specializes in working with passionate female entrepreneurs.
website: Isn’t She Lovely Designs
Want to get involved?
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.