Listen to episode 5 of the Chasing Joy Podcast to learn how Ashley of the Fit Mitten Kitchen stands out in crowded the food blogging industry.
Ashley aka Fit Mitten Kitchen, is a popular food blogger with an expertise in making indulgent baked goods healthier (and still taste amazing.) Aside from being my scone idol, Ashley has built a strong brand that extends beyond her blog. When I think of Ashley’s brand I immediately think of beautiful, easy to follow recipes that make the best desserts a little healthier. That and the color turquoise. I’ve had a ton of requests from listeners to have a food blogger on the show. I immediately thought of Ashley because her phenomenal growth over the last two years.
On today’s episode we dive into what it takes to start a food blog and more importantly what it takes to stand out (and stay sane in the process.) This episode is perfect for anyone in the blogging world or anyone curious about what goes on behind the scenes of those mouthwatering cookie shots. I had so much fun recording this conversation. It was one of those chats that could have gone on for hours. I know that anyone who has an interest in the blogging industry will find this episode fascinating and enlightening.
We talk about
- How Ashley got started with blogging and eating healthy
- How she balances staying healthy while being a regular recipe tester
- The biggest lessons she’s learned from blogging
- The best and worst advice she’s gotten
- What it’s like to work with brands, as a blogger
- Where she thinks the blogging industry is going
This Episode is Perfect for Anyone
- Who’s in the blogging industry
- Food bloggers looking to learn about balance and time management
- Bloggers who are curious about what it takes to work with brands
- Bloggers who are trying to stand out and brand themselves
- Anyone looking to start a blog or is curious about the behind the scenes of blogging
Links from the Episode:
Triple Chocolate Avocado Muffins The most popular recipe on Ashley’s site
Connect with Ashley
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.