This week’s episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast is all about veganism, overcoming perfectionism and dealing with negative body image with my friend and amazing blogger, Emilie Hebert of emilieeats.com
The current internet landscape is filled with black and white opinions. X is good Y is bad and that’s that. So many shout and so few listen. One such topics that seems to be surprisingly controversial is veganism.
Veganism or a plant-based diet is one that excludes any animal products including meat, dairy, eggs and honey. Straight forward right? Well, maybe in isolation, but food is always more than food. When it comes into contact with society everyone seems to have an opinion and a right way to do things.
That’s why I wanted to have an open, honest and real conversation with a vegan blogger I very much respect. Emilie Hebert, the blogger behind EmilieEats.com shares plant-based recipes in a very positive nonjudgemental way.
I knew she’d be the perfect person to talk to. She’s far from preachy or pushy. I wanted to talk with someone who embraces her own dietary label without letting it define her. This episode isn’t about trying to get anyone to be vegan (unless they want to.) Instead, we just talk about what it’s really like. As a student, a girlfriend, a member of a community to make food choices that, especially in the south, a pretty out of the norm.
Beyond veganism, Emilie opens up about her own struggles with perfectionism and negative body image. She also shares what she’s actively doing to heal.
This conversation is full of heart, meaning and a lot of laughs. It could have lasted hours, but alas I’ll just have to have Emilie on again in the future.
We talk about
- Veganism: the good, the bad, the myths and the reality
- Diet labels
- The challenges of making different food choices in college and social situations
- Overcoming perfectionism
- Struggling with body image and how to make a change
- Changing school and career paths
- Plus we talk about how our boyfriends love Whole Foods
This Episode is Perfect for Anyone
- Curious about a plant-based lifestyle
- Trying to make lifestyle changes that are different from their friends and peers
- Who has struggled with perfectionism
- Interested in the food blogging industry
- Looking to make a career or school change
- Who has struggled with their body image and wants to hear strategies for overcoming this struggle
Connect with Emilie
Blog – emilieeats.com
Instagram – instagram.com/emilieeats/
Facebook – facebook.com/emilieeats/
The Plant-Powered Community – facebook.com/groups/theplantpoweredcommunity/
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.