The Challenges of Staying Present with a Busy Schedule (and Mind) with Catherine Beard from theblissfulmind.com
Mindfulness, wellness, meditation, self-care, all of it sounds so lovely in theory, but when it comes down to it, savoring the small joys in our lives is tough. So many of us, especially those who are attracted to this work, are type-A, goal oriented and prone to overworking ourselves. I’ve even been tempted to make a goal to be more present, but I figured it kind of contradicted itself.
So for today’s episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast I wanted to have a conversation about finding joy, presence and mindfulness when your life (and mind) are busy. My guest, Catherine, writes the wellness blog: theblissfulmind.com where she shares tips and tools on finding joy in the every day. Catherine is also on her way to becoming a health coach and shares her experience of choosing that path.
We Talk About
- Catherine’s journey to becoming a holistic health coach
- How to be present and joyful in the moment when you’re a natural goal-chaser
- How to bounce back from bad days
- The dangers of self-care becoming over commercialized
- How to manage when you have content consumption overload
- how to stay present when you’re an over planner by nature
This Episode is Perfect for Anyone
- Who is naturally goal-oriented but wants advice and stories on how to stay present
- Curious about how to pursue a career or education in holistic health
- Trying to find joy in a stressful season of life
Connect with Catherine
Catherine’s Popular Posts
- How to Practice Mindfulness When You Don’t Want to Meditate
- What is Self-Care Anyway?
- 10 Simple Ways To Reset Your Mind, Body and Soul
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.