Being Your Own Boss, Rising Stronger After a Fall & the Business of Blogging – Episode 14 – The Chasing Joy Podcast
On today’s episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast I’m chatting with friend, fellow blogger and former boss, Rachel Mansfield. Rachel runs the (super) popular blog and instagram: @rachLmansfield. What started as an overnight oats account grew into a healthy recipe brand.
When I started this podcast, I knew I wanted to chat with Rachel at some point. This past year has been huge for her business and personal growth. Not only that, I’ve also always admired Rachel’s hustle and ability to value what she brings to the table. While she’s best known for paleo banana bread and other delicious healthy treats, I wanted to talk more about what goes on behind the scenes.
Today’s episode we dive deep into a year of growth and all the lessons that brought. Sprinkled through this episode, there are so many great pieces of wisdom. I know you’re gonna love it!
We Talk About
- How Rachel got started blogging
- The surprising event that pushed her to blog full time
- How she stays healthy & happy working at home for herself
- What it takes to be your own boss
- Lessons she learned about being a boss from her job as a CEO’s assistant
- How blogging helped her build confidence
- Rachel’s struggles with her own body image
- How she’s grown since starting her own business
- How she stays above the cliques and comparison that come with blogging
- What it was like to reintroduce meat back into her diet and live to blog the tale
This Episode is Perfect for Anyone:
- Interested in blogging full time
- Who’s curious about what working from home is really like
- Who has struggled with their body image
- Wants to know what it takes to run a business on your own
- Has thought about changing their diet or reintroducing meat
Connect with Rachel
Rachel’s Most Popular Posts
- My Body Story & Relationship With Food: We All Have One
- 2016 Realness & Reflection
- So I Ate Meat for the First Time in 5 Years
- My Clean Eating Pantry Staples
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.