Harnessing the Power of Community and Relationships in Business – Episode 16 – The Chasing Joy Podcast
I was so excited to score an hour of today’s guest time. Holly Finigan is the creator of the Nantucket blACKbook a modern day marketing agency. It’s pretty much a go-to guide for all things food & drink, shopping, and real estate on island. She’s one of the hardest working female entrepreneurs I know. Not only that, but she runs her business with a spirit of creativity, growth, positivity and best of all, a great sense of humor.
Today’s episode is all about harnessing the power of relationships to build a strong community and business. We talk about everything from how a business grew from a little black book to the power of saying “no.” This is a must listen for anyone who loves business, social media, strategy or wants to learn about creating a strategic vision for their life or business. I personally had quite a few ah-ha moments in this conversation and plenty of laughs. Seriously Holly tells a story that had my jaw dropping in disbelief.
On this episode we talk about
- How Holly first discovered Nantucket
- How Holly first created her brand Nantucket blACKbook and how it’s evolved
- The power of community and support in local business
- Dealing with resistance when you start something new (and different)
- When Holly knew it was time to take her side hustle full time
- Learning through experience what collaborations were not on brand
- Creating boundaries and the power of saying “no” to opportunities that aren’t for you
- The importance of the “YOU” factor in influencer marketing
- How attitudes are changing around influencer marketing
- The importance of slowing down to build a strategy for your brand
- Taking the high road when bullshit comes around
- Handling negative feedback with grace (and humor)
- Where Holly sees her brand evolving
This episode is perfect for anyone who
- is navigating the world of blogging and influencer marketing
- runs or aspires to run a small business
- wants to hear what the behind the scenes of an online business looks like
- wants to expand and utilize their local network
- needs help establishing boundaries and when to say “no”
- wants a good laugh, seriously Holly is hilarious and so fun to talk/listen to
Connect with Holly
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.