Tuning into Your Intuition, Finding Body Acceptance and Detaching From the Inner Critic – Episode 19 – The Chasing Joy Podcast
This week’s show filled me with so much joy. My guest, Evie O’Connor was one of the first people I wanted to bring on. We both grew up, left and now have come back to Nantucket. I realized I wanted to wait so I could interview Evie in person. I finally got the chance and she didn’t disappoint!
This week’s episode touches on so many areas I’m insanely passionate and curious about. We talk everything from Evie’s own yoga journey to body image and being attached to our inner critic, to how to tune into intuition, to why having a beginner’s mindset can keep you learning and growing and so so much more.
This is one of those episodes I know I’ll want to listen to over and over again because Evie shares so much wisdom. She also does it in such a humble and non-judgemental way. I honestly could have talked to her for another 3 hours so maybe I’ll just have her back on the show soon!
I hope you enjoy!
On this Episode we Talk About:
- Evie’s journey to discovering yoga and becoming a teacher
- Lesson’s she’s learned from her yoga practice
- How her practice evolved from physical to spiritual
- The lessons from being a beginner & keeping a beginner’s spirit
- Introducing more feminine energy into your life
- Balancing the yin and the yang
- How to tune into intuition, physically and mentally
- Becoming an observer rather than judger of your own thoughts
- Body image and the attachment to your inner critic
- Being mindful about the language we use around our bodies
- Practicing being more present and participating in your own life
This Episode is Perfect For Anyone Who:
- Is looking to better listen to/tune into their intuition
- Wants to detach from their inner critic
- Is feeling fear and judgment around trying something new
- Is on a journey of body acceptance
- Wants to bring more mindfulness into their lives
- Curious about the dimensions of yoga
Listen on the Computer:
Connect with Evie:
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.