On today’s episode I’m chatting with the compassionate, humble Alexis Daddio (aka @restoring_radiance on Instagram.)
Lex is one of the first food and health Instagrams I followed way back and she continues to be one of my favorites because of her kind honest approach to health. Over the years, she’s shared her story about her experience with binge eating disorder and how she over came it. She shares with so much honesty and insight.
One my favorite parts of our conversation is when we dive into intuitive eating and simplifying our health routines. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed in this wellness world and Alexis shares such a great example of some switches she’s made recently that have made life more simple and enjoyable.
On today’s show, we talk about everything from how she started her Instagram (and accidentally made it public) to the path she’s taken to overcome her binge eating disorder and finally the things that are making her happiest now.
On this Episode We Talk About:
- The unexpected way she started her instagram page
- How she’s grown her page and why instagram stories have been a game changer
- Why it’s ok to curate content online- or make your food look pretty, as long as you show a full picture
- Resources for women who are struggling with eating disorders
- How Lex defines success
- Why it’s important to crowd out the bad with good (in thoughts, health & life)
- The importance of challenging your food fears
- Simplifying (your food and routine) and tuning into your intuition
- Why it’s ok to to change your mind!
- Lex’s history with binge eating disorder
- The steps she took to recover
- What it feels like to eat for satisfaction (versus counting calories)
- How recovery helps you show up in your relationships
- How intuitive eating has impacted her relationship with fitness
- Why it’s ok to push and challenge yourself without judgement
- Why you don’t need to workout to eat
This Episode is Perfect For:
- Has struggled with disordered eating
- Is curious about what goes on behind the scenes of an food instagrammer
- Wants to learn about what intuitive eating and movement looks like
- Wants to smile, because Lex is just lovely!
Listen on the Computer:
Connect with Lex:
- On instagram: @restoring_randiance
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
Want to be a Hero?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.