What it Really Means to Eat Mindfully & Quieting the Noise with Lisa Hayim
Today’s guest, Lisa Hayim shares some serious wisdom about the world of mindful eating. She shares her own journey to becoming a dietitian and mindful eater and how she teaches these skills to her clients. If you’ve ever craved feeling healthy and normal around food this episode is for you.
We dive in to the deep seeded reasons we over and under eat and why we’re so quick to want to label our diets. If you’ve ever wanted to eat more intuitively or more mindfully but have absolutely no idea where to start, Lisa shares so many useful tools you can start using today. I consider myself a pretty intuitive eater and someone who now feels comfortable around food, and Lisa dropped even more knowledge that made the whole picture more clear for me too.
This episode will help you connect the dots between your mental and physical health and all the wonderful things that happen when you learn to listen to your body’s (sometimes subtle) cues.
We Talk About:
- How Lisa got started as a registered dietitian
- How and why she started her own private practice
- The gaps she saw between what she knew to be true about health and the tools she had as a dietitian
- How she discovered mindful eating and how she defines it
- Why mindful eating closes the gaps between physical and mental health
- Tools for eating mindfully
- Balancing inner and outer wisdom with mindful eating
- How it’s important to practice testing our limits in order to learn to listen to your body
- Lisa’s own food and health journey, how she used veganism as a way to avoid eating mindfully
- Her discovery of mindful eating and how good it feels
- Why mindful eating can unlock so many wonderful more parts of your life
- Why mindfulness isn’t just a trend
- How mindful movement comes into the equation
- The Quiet the Noise project & how it teaches mindfulness
This Episode is Perfect For Anyone:
- Who wants to learn how to connect physical and mental health
- Who is curious about what eating mindfully really means
- Who wants practical tools for learning to eat mindfully (and feel better)
- Who is feeling out of sync with their body and how they eat
Listen on Your Computer
Connect with Lisa:
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.