Ep. 28 of the Chasing Joy Podcast: Embracing Your Truth, Being Confident with Grace & Life Long Self-Love with Chinae Alexander
This week’s episode is with a huge inspiration of mine, Chinae Alexander. Former Texan-turned-New Yorker, Chinae Alexander is an entrepreneur, lifestyle personality, writer, speaker, and wellness expert based in Brooklyn, New York. Her message is to empower people to be better through positive thinking, active change, self-love…with a lot of humor along the way.
I loved this episode because it was less of just an interview and more of a real conversation. Chinae shares so many fun stories and insightful metaphors for life that will totally help you open your heart and mind. I’ve always admired Chinae’s ability to balance humility and confidence in a beautiful inspiring way. In fact, it’s one of the things that’s really spurred my curiosity about how we can better celebrate our wins in a positive way without the dreaded humblebrag.
This episode is full of so many nuggets of wisdom, ones you might just want to write down!
We Talk About:
- Chinae shares how she got to the work she’s doing today
- The crazy story of how an old boss pushed her into entrepreneurship
- How Chinae took her instagram and turned it into a business
- What it means to show up as yourself in your work
- What authenticity means and what it means now that it’s more of “trend”
- Why authenticity can’t be a strategy
- Why truth will always resonate
- We discuss how self love isn’t a trend, but a lifelong pursuit
- The difference between vulnerability & floodlighting and why Chinae doesn’t really talk about her weightloss anymore
- How to celebrate your wins with grace
- The other side of vulnerability – celebrating what you’re great at
- How to be confident with humility and grace
- How to be truthful when talking about the great stuff and trusting that people will be there to win with you
- What it’s like to live in New York City
- Challenges of working for yourself and letting go of what you think your day will look like
- The scary reality of loving the work you do
- Being open to receive and let go and being more fluid with your plans
- How to embrace opportunities without over planning your life
- What it’s like to meet friends online
- How to use these platforms to connect with people offline
- How to understand and grapple with identity
- Reacting when people put you in a narrow box with empathy
This Episode is For Anyone Who:
- Is a classic over planner and wants more fluidity in their schedule and life
- Runs their own business or side hustle or has an entrepreneurial attitude at work
- Is curious about what it’s like to live in a big city
- Loves talking/listening to conversations around identity, boundaries, empathy, authenticity and vulnerability
- Loves a good laugh!
Email me your struggles & wins over at email@example.com to be featured on the next episode! & let me know if you like the struggle/win section!
Listen on the Computer
Connect with Chinae:
- On Instagram: @chinaealexander
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.