This week we’re shaking things up on the Chasing Joy Podcast. As listeners know, normally the show is an hour long conversation with someone in the wellness world or who’s insight will bring joy and energy into your life. Today, it’s just me!
I recently sent out a reader survey and got back some interesting suggestions. There were quite a few requests for more context and background on my story. I share a lot of insight and lessons and according to you guys, not as many stories to where these insights come from. I totally get it too. I personally love hearing how people I follow came to certain insights. I love learning through story. I love getting context on why people act and think the way they do. So why don’t I share the same?
The answer’s pretty simple. Fear and insecurity. I’m afraid it’s vein to talk about myself too much and I’m afraid that you guys won’t think my story is that interesting. Not super unique right? I talk to people all the time and encourage them to share their stories because people who do want to connect with you do care. I know intellectually that my story won’t click or resonate with everyone. It’s not supposed to. It’s still hard to share.
I love a good challenge and as it happened I didn’t have an interview lined up for the week. So I’m getting behind the mic to give you my story on how I tuned into my intuition in the past two years. At the end I’m sharing some of the cool things that have happened as a result of following my gut and some techniques you can try if you want to tune into your intuition as well.
I Talk About:
- How I realized I wanted to leave my first job out of college in Fall of 2015
- Why I took a step back from a traditional career to move home for a year
- Deciding to save money to move to London
- What I learned working at a coffee shop
- Building more relationships and how it positively impacted my happiness
- Why intuitive movement was the biggest catalyst for changing my relationship with food
- Meeting my now boyfriend, Chris and how it helped me let go of food rules
- Changing my London plans despite my ego blow
- Going to London and realizing I didn’t have a plan
- Discovering the Jess Lively Show and how it opened up so many ideas about intuitive living
- Where I’m at today and how I use intuition in my business
- Some wonderful things that have happened as a result of listening to my inuition
- Tools you can use to practice tuning into your own intuition
This Show is Perfect for Anyone:
- Who is curious about my story
- Wanting to tap into their own intuition
- Curious about how to get started with intuitive eating and movement
Listen on the Computer
- Jess Lively Show
- Gary Vee
- Evie’s Episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero *
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
* denotes an affiliate link – if you purchase through this link I get a small percentage of the purchase