p. 33 – Talia’s Totally Doable Approach to Goal Setting and Creating a Life You’re Excited About with Talia Koren
Talia and I graduated together from Ithaca College back in 2014. Since then Talia’s lived in New York City and dabbled in several industries before creating a successful freelance writing career. This year she’s been planning a big trip to travel to Colorado and pursue her love of snowboarding. Our conversation is my favorite mix of personal stories, plenty of realness with tons of actionable practical tips.
I love how direct Talia is. It’s seriously a breath of fresh air. She tells it how it is with humility. If you’ve ever felt stuck in your life and felt trapped for how to get out of that rut then this episode is SO for you.
We Talk About:
- Life after college, the hard parts no one talks about
- Getting out of idea mode and taking action when you’re starting something
- Why it’s important to acknowledge the sacrifices before you get started
- How to create a realistic plan when you have a big goal
- Why Talia’s moving to Colorado for a year (and how she saved to do it)
- Balancing being goal driven while also enjoying and being happy in the present
- How Talia used the simple power of listening to grow her blog (crazy) fast
- Talia’s biggest Instagram and tips for organic growth (with high engagement)
This Episode is Perfect For Anyone Who:
- Has lots of idea but isn’t sure how to get started
- Appreciates real conversations about what goes behind the “success” story
- Wants to move somewhere new but doesn’t know how
- Is in the freelance/blog/small business space and wants tips for growing in a genuine way
Listen on the Computer
Connect with Talia
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness and joy filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks on new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.