Balancing functional nutrition with western medicine, Katie’s empowering view on body image and finding sanity and self-care in busy seasons with Katie Lemons
Katie has her masters in functional medicine nutrition and is currently in PA school. She’s got a super popular instagram page @twist_of_lemons where she shares creative recipes, valuable knowledge about functional nutrition all with her puntastic sense of humor.
We talk about:
- Katie’s education and career path
- Why she chose to go to PA school and master in nutrition
- How to keep going when life (ie school) gets really tough
- How to find inspiration and motivation
- How to go through hard things with grit
- Why it’s so important to take care of yourself even when you’re busy
- Redefining balance and self-care in really busy seasons of life
- How Katie’s views of nutrition have evolved
- How Katie makes food choices balancing her intuition and knowledge of nutrition
- Katie’s thoughts on wellness trends
- Why self-care is not one size fits all
- We talk body image and how to shift focus away from your body
Connect with Katie
Listen to the episode on itunes
Listen on the computer
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and joy-filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR STRUGGLE & WIN
get featured on the show by sharing your struggle & win for the week – email them to me georgie [at] init4thelongrun.com with the subject line “struggle and win”