Discovering Joy, Creating a Life That Feels Good First & the Law of Attraction with Amanda Mackenzie
Amanda MacKenzie is a writer from Cambridge, MA. After graduating from the University of Richmond, she taught English in Hungary, earned a Master of Divinity, and become an ordained Congregational minister. In her thirties, Amanda had a do-over and went to work on a small farm.
Her crowning achievement was a rustic country wedding for a hundred, after which she drank all the leftover wine straight from the bottle and decided to stick to cooking for fun. Today she is a part-time professor of world religions, preaches, meditates, and practices yoga. She believes in the power of positivity, possibility, and good coffee. The Do-Over is her first book.
We Talk About:
- Practical ways to find joy
- Changing life paths
- How Amanda found the law of attraction – like attracting like
- How to manifest and attract things into your life
- How to find joy in every day
- Difference between efforting work versus flowing work
- Letting go of having it all figured out
- The difference between having the perfect life on paper and having a life that feels good
- Focusing on feeling good first, then taking action
- Why life is about change
- Creating a life that feels right
- Letting go of caring what other people think about how your life looks
- Not attaching to the “How” of your goals
- The power of appreciating things
- Practicing enjoying
- Surrounding yourself with people who feel good
Listen on itunes
Listen on the Computer
Connect with Amanda:
- Online: http://amandamackenzie.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/amandamackenzieh/
- Get her Book: http://amzn.to/2D81wZ8
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and joy-filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR STRUGGLE & WIN
get featured on the show by sharing your struggle & win for the week – email them to me georgie [at] init4thelongrun.com with the subject line “struggle and win”