Every 10 episodes of the Chasing Joy Podcast I flip the mic and have YOU ask me the questions. This round of Q&A did not disappoint. So many wonderful thoughtful questions ranging from body image, intuitive eating, spending time alone, budget-friendly activities to do with friends, photography tips and so much more!
I had my partner in crime, my fiance Chris help me out and ask the questions as well as give his 2 cents. I love having him on the show because he balances me out and always has something encouraging or a good story to share.
HEALTH FOOD BODY IMAGE
- When you first started intuitive eating did you find your choices weren’t all that nutritious?
- Do you exercise? Is there any kind of exercise you enjoy? How to deal with the sometimes cliqueness of the group exercise scene?
- How can you tell you’re at a good weight for your body?
- Do you have any advice for dealing with acne and living with a society that hates on it so much?
- How do you stay sane trying to gain weight in a world trying to lose weight?
- Do you have tips for getting away from calorie counting and the fear of gaining weight?
LIFE & RELATIONSHIPS
- How do you get comfortable doing fun things alone? How did you get comfortable going places and eating alone or was it not hard for you?
- How do you like to productively spend your alone time?
- Do you have any tips for gaining confidence in your 20’s?
- What are some of your favorite activities to do with your partner and/or friends that are budget friendly? What are your favorite date night ideas?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your family?
- What do you do in the evening? I’m not a huge fan of bars or going out, but get super bored in these winter months
- How do you and Chris navigate “me time” while living together? – To elaborate, my boyfriend and I have been living together for 5ish months now after doing long distance for 2 years and while it’s overwhelmingly WONDERFUL, I am definitely more independent/introverted than he is. I’m having trouble wading through feeling guilty for needing alone time when he wants to hang out, and not wanting to hurt his feelings by saying I need a break from all human interaction (including and especially his) sometimes. – Is it wrong to need alone time away from your partner?
- How do you practice enjoying the moment and be more present each day. It’s hard to not look forward to the next adventure
- Do you ever compare yourself to others- how do you get out of it?
- How do you manage a budget after graduating college while looking for jobs?
- What’s the habit you’re most proud of or brings most joy to your life?
- What are some ways that you balance social media with real life?
- I’m really curious what you do to “put away” your technology. I’ve noticed certain things like my phone starting to consume all of my free time. It’s easy to set a resolution and say “I’m gonna use my phone less” but it’s SO hard to actually do it. Got any advice?
- What are some of your favorite books, whether it’s all-time or one you’ve been wanting to read or have recently gotten into?
- What’s your favorite coffee drink?
- Do you have tips for home brewing coffee?
PHOTOGRAPHY & WORK
- How do you find your passion when you’re not sure what it is? (wants to change jobs)
- How do you deal with loneliness when you work for yourself? How do you forge meaningful connections when so much networking can be done from behind a screen?
- Do you have any food photography tips?
- Do you have advice to someone who is interested in learning photography but is overwhelmed?
- How do you grow an authentic tribe online through social media?
- How do you think net neutrality will affect the blogging industry?
- Would you mind sharing tips and tricks to cultivate an income from your blog?
Blog Posts I Mentioned:
- Making Friends After College
- Introvert’s Guide to Small Talk
- What’s in My Camera Bag
- 6 Practices for Turning Jealousy Into Positive Energy
- Tips for Brewing Coffee at Home
Malcolm Gladwell Books
Chris’s Favorite Books
Hang out with the Joy Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and joy-filled conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first)
WANT TO BE A HERO?
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR STRUGGLE & WIN
get featured on the show by sharing your struggle & win for the week – email them to me georgie [at] init4thelongrun.com with the subject line “struggle and win”
*indicates amazon affiliate link