Hi friend! So glad you’re here. Welcome to In it 4 the Long Run, a blog about discovering your healthiest life by exploring the connections between wellness, self care, what you eat, and your relationships with others.
In short, a blog for badass babes on a mission to live a joyful life.
I’m not here to preach a one-size-fits all approach (because those simply do not work, you know that). And I’m certainly not here to tell you that I have all the answers (because, well, I don’t).
The Girl Behind the Blog
I’m Georgie, a goofy 20-something who loves learning and hates sitting still. I’m a personal growth junkie, a relentless optimist and an avid sunset chaser.
- I’m a barista by day, blogger by night
- I live on Nantucket (an island 30 miles off the coast of Massachusetts)
- I’ve run 3 half marathons
- I’m happiest when I’m traveling
- If you love Harry Potter, let’s chat 😉
- Almond Butter & Avocados are my favorite foods #teamhealthyfat
- I’m an outgoing introvert (yes it’s a thing)
- Michael Scott can always cheer me up
- I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 12
- I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day
What You’ll Find on In it 4 the Long Run
PERSONAL GROWTH: // Body image, self love, personal growth and finding your happiness.
WELLNESS // Stress management, developing an active lifestyle, mindfulness and self care.
CHASING JOY PODCAST // a weekly 1 hr podcast that explores living a healthy, vibrant and joyful life with wellness experts.
The meaning behind “In it 4 the Long Run”
I first started my blog, In it 4 the Long Run three years ago while I lived in NYC for the summer. I was hopelessly bored at my internship so I decided to start a running blog. Over the years this little space has evolved and so has the meaning of being “In it 4 the Long Run.” What was once a literal pun about long runs, has become my philosophy on living a healthy life. My belief is that sustainable happiness comes from enjoying the process of a creating healthy life, and embracing the imperfections along the way.
New to the Blog? Here are some of my favorite posts:
- I Tried to be Cool and it Totally Backfired – In this post, I talk about my biggest dating mistake
- Balance, The Double-Edged Sword – Why it’s important to talk about the sacrifice that goes with success
- Finding My Happy Weight and Learning to Be Happy With It – Sharing a huge milestone in recovery, finding a happy weight
- Recovery is Real – A Letter to My 20-Year Old Self – Maybe the hardest post I’ve ever had to write
- Why Connection is the Most Important Part of Blogging – Something I wish I had known my first year of blogging
Don’t Be Shy!
Any of this sounds up your ally? Rad! Let’s connect. I’d love to hear from you
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let’s be insta-friends: @init4thelongrunblog
- Snap that: @georgiemo
- Subscribe to the newsletter
- Listen to the podcast
Disclaimer: I am not a certified nutritionist or medical professional. My advice comes from personal research and experience. If you are looking to make any major diet or fitness changes please consult your doctor or a professional first. Thanks!